– Book in advance, these places are becoming increasingly popular, and you don’t want to miss out.
– Ideally book it a little earlier, and find somewhere to eat after. It’s a great way to blow off steam with your mates.
On the day:
– Wear something comfortable. You will be moving about, you will get hot, and you will be crawling on the floor. If you like to wear skirts, maybe pop some leggings on underneath if you don’t want to distract the rest of your team. If you have a bad case of builders bum, perhaps a long shirt.
– Arrive early! Early early early! Especially as you will all find that you want to use the 1 toilet there first.
– Ask if you can take things off of the walls. Some places it’s necessary, some it’s forbidden. Check.
Searching the rooms:
– Start as you mean to go on. An hour seems like a lot ‘till it’s running out to start off strong.
– Check EVERY surface. They are tricky these game masters.
– Be careful with the furniture, but flip it all the same. Check everything!
– ALWAYS check the hints they are giving you. They know how to keep this engaging for you, pay attention.
– If you are stuck, pull someone in for a fresh perspective. Sometimes it’s just not playing to your strengths and you are there as a team after all.
– Even if someone has checked a drawer or tried a combination on a lock, double check it. It sounds silly, but it works.
– Have fun! That’s what it’s all about!